…. as my friend Kate would say.
In each trip I make a “top 10” list. I cannot and will not, cheat Bogotá out of that honor. So, here’s my top 10 list of yummy things I ate and drank while in the land of gold and coffee:
TOP 10 BOGOTÁ:
1. My dad’s turkey-mole chilaquiles, refried beans and home made guacamole. (I know it’s not Colombian, nor is it from a restaurant, but it’s # 1)
2. José Dolores’ asado llanero (BBQ), with all it’s trimmings, on the Carretera Norte
3. Roasted corn on the cob, bought on highway kiosks. ALWAYS.
4. Juan Valdez Premium Coffe beverages (which thank God I can find here in NY on Times Sq.)
5. My dad’s seafood stew (and no, I do not have the recipe)
6. The asado llanero in Sutamarchán (a small town outside of Villa de Leyva)
7. Maracuyá (passion fruit) Martinis at Pravda
8. The Nutella & Banana dessert crepe at Creppes & Waffles. One of my favorites as a child, one of my favorites still
9. The arepa santandereana from the nameless restaurant downtown and the arepa rellena on the way to Villa de Leyva
10. Huevos divorciados (“divorced” eggs, called thus because they are “separated” or “divorced” by a line of black beans on the plate), made from scratch by dad on Sunday mornings.
Oh! and pictures will come soon!